For offset printing projects, Hi-Tech Color relies on our KARAT 74 Digital Press ("KARAT" is pronounced like "Karate", not "carrot"). This amazing equipment is only one of a few presses of its kind in the country. The press images the plates on the press, making it possible for quick turnarounds and cost-efficient, larger format printing. With a 20 x 29 sheet size, posters, pocket folders, and just about any print project can be handled quickly.
The KARAT74 is not your typical digital press:
- Four-color, ink-on-paper printing (not toner/liquid toner) with inline coating for quick drying and higher quality
- Aluminum plates with 175-200 line screen are imaged by the inline Creo platesetter and automatically loaded and unloaded on the press.
- Unique inking system virtually eliminates ghosting and streaking for beautiful, punchy solid colors.
- Handles up to 20-pt. cover stock to print counter cards, packaging, heavyweight pocket folders and media kits
- Ideal for printing multi-page booklets, marketing materials, six-panel brochures, postcards, and SWOP-approved ad agency top sheets
- Short-run solution that fills the larger format niche not addressed by Hi-Tech Color's two HP Indigo digital presses
- Support for on-demand printing means Hi-Tech offers a full array of enhanced, online ordering capabilities.
- Optimal job lengths range from just 100 pieces to 100,000 (depending on project type).
Finally, with our digital and direct-to-plate presses, Hi-Tech Color is able to eliminate up to 80% of the waste materials associated with conventional printing processes. In addition, we’ve spent thousands installing environmental controls for our KARAT press and have migrated to environmentally-friendly inks.